At least 12 Iranian politicians and officials, both sitting and former, have now died of the illness, and 13 more have been infected and are either in quarantine or being treated.The country has been scrambling to contain the rapid spread of coronavirus which so far has infected 13,938 people and killed at least 724, according to official figures.The number of coronavirus deaths and infections have been on the rise ever since the first two fatalities were announced on February 19.According to the health ministry, the rising trend is due to the increasing number of tests being done. It says many patients started showing symptoms days after they were infected.Official tolls, which are given every 24 hours, have usually lagged behind reports by local media and have sometimes been contradicted by provincial authorities.Iran is yet to impose a lockdown but it has temporarily closed parliament, barred pilgrims from gathering at a holy tomb and postponed the second round of legislative elections.Officials have repeatedly urged citizens to stick to guidelines and stay at home to stop the coronavirus from spreading.Topics : Iran’s coronavirus outbreak Monday killed a member of the clerical body that appoints the supreme leader, state media said, taking the death toll among serving and ex-officials to at least 12. Ayatollah Hashem Bathayi Golpayegani, who was 78, died two days after testing positive for the COVID-19 virus and being hospitalised, state news agency IRNA reported.The official represented Tehran in the Assembly of Experts, an 88-strong body of clerics that appoints and monitors Iran’s supreme leader.
Oxlade-Chamberlain believes Liverpool have developed a steely winning mentality (Picture:Getty)Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain believes Liverpool’s winning mentality is a key factor behind their title charge – something his former club Arsenal often lacked.Oxlade-Chamberlain left the Emirates for Anfield in a £40million deal in August 2017 and it’s been a fruitful move, with the England ace winning the Champions League last season.Liverpool are now on course to win their first league title in the Premier League era. It would also be a first for Oxlade-Chamberlain who failed to get over the line during his eight-year stint with Arsenal. Oxlade-Chamberlain left Arsenal for Liverpool (Picture: Getty)And he believes there’s a big gap between the two clubs’ mentality, with Oxlade-Chamberlain not always ‘100% confident’ Arsenal would win matches, which is not the case under Jurgen Klopp.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘I’m going into it (a game) with the mindset that we’re going to win. I think that’s how we all feel,’ the England international told PA.‘We’re going into the games expecting ourselves to win and anything else we’re disappointed with.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal‘I think that’s credit to the good work that we’ve done as a team over the last few years to be in that position.‘There’s times in my career where I definitely haven’t gone into all games 100% confident that the team’s going to come away winning but with this team, I have that sort of belief in us.‘I think that’s the mentality you need to be successful, to have those high standards that nothing else is acceptable. Then you’ve got to let history take its course.‘Obviously it might not happen every time but when you’re going into games with that sort of mindset and belief it simplifies everything else.’Will Liverpool win the Premier League?Yes0%No0%Share your resultsShare your resultsTweet your resultsMORE: Michael Owen makes predictions for Chelsea and Arsenal ties & Liverpool vs EvertonMORE: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tells Manchester United players he is on brink of being sacked Metro Sport ReporterTuesday 3 Dec 2019 9:29 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link300Shares Advertisement Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain reveals what’s wrong with Arsenal’s mentality Comment Advertisement
Okan Pekin, global head of investor services for Citi, said the bank was well positioned to anticipate Norges Bank’s needs through its global presence and network.Norges Bank, which manages the funds’ global and national investments, recently announced losses from its emerging market equity portfolios.The fund, which on average owns 1.5% of listed companies and is the world’s largest single investor, also increased its holdings in Brazilian, Turkish and Mexican government bonds. Norges Bank Investment Management, manager of Norway’s Government Pension Fund Global, has selected Citi to provide it with global custody and securities lending services.The manager, which controls more than $850bn (€610bn) in global assets, said it selected Citi after a detailed evaluation of global custodians, and appreciated its sub-custodian network, which would allow it to maintain its global mandates.The bank is expected to provide the fund with solutions across its investment chain, including prime finance and agency, securities lending, futures, OTC clearing and collateral management, custody and global fund services.Age Bakker, COO at the fund, said: “Through Citi’s proprietary sub-custodian network and investment in technology, it is enabled to deliver custody services in an integrated, efficient and transparent manner.”
The Dutch Pensions Federation has said it is still too early to make concrete proposals on a future, sustainable pensions system.Responding to the government’s statement on its plans for the pension system’s renewal, the industry group said the memorandum left many questions unanswered, citing the “complexity of the matter, the big interests at stake and the divided opinions of stakeholders”.The Pensions Federation welcomed the government’s desire to preserve the current system’s principles of collectively shared risks and mandatory participation.In its opinion, however, it missed the opportunity to provide clarity on a new fiscal framework, “as this is relevant to both existing and future pension contracts”. The federation said it was analysing the consequences for participants and pension funds of the two options favoured by the government – one based on individual pensions accrual and another drawn on “defined but uncertain” benefits.It said it would focus its investigation on a simultaneous transition to a new pensions contract and the replacement of average pensions accrual with a degressive one.It said it would assess the effects of transition from the current arrangements to a future set-up, and that it would map out the pros and cons of the financial and legal aspects, as well as the consequences for communication and implementation.The industry group aims to complete its analysis in the autumn, allowing political parties to take its conclusions into account for their manifestos for the national elections in March 2017.Meanwhile, the union FNV said it was not yet ready to support an expensive transition to degressive pensions accrual, while the association of insurers (VvV) said it was in favour of such an approach and temporary fiscal leeway.The union VCP said a transition period of 25 years was too long, while employer organisation VNO-NCW called for a “long transition”.CNV, another union, warned of “too many” choices for participants and said it opposed the government’s suggestion participants should be allowed to take out part of their pension as a lump-sum at retirement.In a joint statement, KNVG and NVOG, the lobbying groups for pensioners, argued that the government’s memorandum ignored pension funds’ current funding problems and urged it to come up with measures to prevent rights cuts.Although the government said average pensions accrual must be replaced with degressive accrual, it made clear that the social partners would be allowed to maintain existing pension arrangements.A national pension fund, however, as championed by the Socialist Party (SP), is now off the cards, “as this would come at the expense of institutional frameworks”, according to the memorandum.The government said it would look into how mandatory industry-wide pension funds could be temporarily allowed to co-operate with ring-fenced assets, before a new Cabinet is to take over next year.It will also assess whether a partial lump-sum at retirement can be introduced.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE) and C3.ai have formed a joint venture agreement that brings together BHGE’s fullstream oil and gas expertise with C3.ai’s AI software suite to deliver digital transformation technologies for the oil and gas industry.The joint venture combines BHGE’s extensive oil and gas technology domain expertise with C3.ai’s AI software suite and solutions, creating new opportunities for the sector.“The oil and gas industry is rapidly evolving, and digital technology is critical to achieving increased levels of productivity, efficiency and safety for ourselves and for our customers,” said Lorenzo Simonelli, BHGE chairman and CEO. “This agreement is a mutual recognition of the technology leadership we each bring to the table and a willingness to work in new ways that deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers. Integrating our strong digital capabilities and oil and gas industry expertise with C3.ai’s unique AI solutions, we will accelerate the overall digital transformation of this industry.”“The oil and gas sector is undergoing a digital transformation to improve efficiencies and increase safety, while simultaneously reducing environmental impact,” said Thomas M. Siebel, CEO, C3.ai. “These changes will be driven through advanced AI use cases deployed across the entire oil and gas value chain. BHGE is a technology-first company with deep expertise, a global footprint and strong relationships across the industry. Combining its strengths with the unique industrial AI capability of C3.ai, we will deliver transformative change to one of the world’s most important industry sectors.”The companies will immediately market and deploy C3.ai’s AI technology, including the C3 AI Suite and applications, into oil and gas businesses. BHGE and C3.ai will also leverage BHGE’s existing digital portfolio to collaborate on new integrated AI applications specific to oil and gas, and offer combined teams of oilfield and AI expertise deployed directly into customer environments to deliver AI solutions that meet specific business needs. Simplifying the approach to AI with this combined offering will help customers focus on what matters most – running their oil and gas business safely and efficiently.“Shell utilizes the C3.ai platform to accelerate digital transformation across our business, focusing on using AI and machine learning to improve overall operations starting with predictive maintenance,” said Shell Group CIO Jay Crotts. “Shell also has a long-standing relationship with BHGE in oilfield services and software development. There is real potential in exploring the fusion of existing oilfield technology and emerging digital technology, in this case combining C3.ai’s capabilities with BHGE’s domain expertise to create new solutions that truly address oil and gas specific challenges with powerful advanced analytics technology.”Under the terms of the agreement, BHGE has taken a minority equity position in C3.ai and will have a seat on C3.ai’s board of directors. BHGE will also accelerate its own use of AI, deploying the C3 AI Suite across its business to enable new BHGE AI applications that improve core operations and better serve customers with AI-enabled products and services.
Terry Wayne Kyle, 52, of Lawrenceburg, IN, passed away Monday, June 13, 2016 in Cincinnati, OH.He was born Thursday, June 20, 1963 in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, Son of the late Graham Edward Kyle and the late Maxine Pratt WalkerHe proudly served his Country as a member of the United States Navy.Terry was a musician. He loved music and was a drummer since he was 9 years old. He even got to play onstage with Steppenwolf . He also played guitar enjoying both Rock & Roll and Blues. Aerosmith was his favorite band. Terry was also an avid sports fan. His favorite teams were the Bengals, Kentucky Wildcats, and the Reds. Pete Rose was his all time favorite. In his younger years, he enjoyed bow hunting for deer with his family. Terry’s daughter “Angel ” was his pride and joy and the love of his life. He most enjoyed time spent with family and friends. Terry was always the life of the party and loved to entertain everyone. He will be missed by family and friends.Surviving are daughter, Angel Kyle of Lawrenceburg, IN; sister, Tracie (Gary) Bricking of Ft. Thomas, KY; brother, Ed Kyle of Newport, KY; caretaker, Laura (Mike) Kyle of Lawrenceburg, IN; and several nieces and nephews.He was preceded in death by his parents and stepfather.Friends will be received 5:00 – 7:00 PM, Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at the Rullman Hunger Funeral Home, Aurora, Indiana.Services will be held at the Funeral Home, Wednesday, at 7:00 pm.Military graveside services will be conducted by members of local Veterans Service Organizations.Contributions may be made to the funeral home to defray funeral expenses. If unable to attend, please call the office at (812) 926-1450 and we will notify the family of your donation with a card.
NEW YORK, USA (Reuters) – World number one Rafael Nadal dispatched Alexandr Dolgopolov 6-2, 6-4, 6-1 with a powerful display to reach the U.S. Open quarter-finals in just one hour 41 minutes yesterday.The 28-year-old Ukrainian looked helpless against the Spaniard’s dominant serve, which was boosted by courts made faster due to sunny conditions at the Arthur Ashe Stadium.“I think I played a solid match. I played without making many mistakes,” Nadal told the crowd in an on-court interview.Next up for the top seed is a first meeting with 19-year-old Russian Andrey Rublev who beat Belgian ninth seed David Goffin.Nadal dominated all facets of yesterday’s match, never dropping a service game and committing only 11 unforced errors while racking up 23 winners and breaking Dolgopolov six times.The onslaught was too much for the unseeded Dolgopolov, who was never comfortable enough to unleash his unconventional game that features unexpected drop shots and bold net approaches.
PINEHURST, N.C. — In the aftermath of Syracuse restoring the No. 44 to the football program, it seemed that everyone had an opinion. Former SU quarterback Donovan McNabb publicly shamed it. Floyd Little, who wore the number, said restoring it would continue its legacy. On Monday, quarterback Terrel Hunt said he didn’t think it should ever be worn again.When asked on Tuesday at Atlantic Coast Conference Media Day about the restoration and the controversy that followed it, Shafer said he was happy to have the number back in circulation.“For me it’s easy. Jersey No. 44, just the fact that it’s being talked about so much is a great thing, as long as we cut through the layers,” Shafer said. “Everyone wants to talk about it being a recruiting tool, which I’m sure it is, we all understand that.“To me it’s a story, it’s a story about the culture, and the effect that Syracuse University through college football has had on the game. And it goes back to Jim Brown being the best football player maybe ever to play the game, not winning the Heisman Trophy. He helps Ernie Davis come to Syracuse University. Ernie Davis becomes the first African American to win the Heisman Trophy. To cross those lines that nobody was talking about back then is a big part of the culture behind No. 44.”Shafer said he enjoys the fact that he can walk down the hall and talk to Little, who works for the athletic department, about the subject. He did say that he will let the committee that was put together determine the future of No. 44, which became muddled after Brown claimed to not give his blessing for its restoration.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“I’ve been focused on the things that are most important,” Shafer said. “And that’s been focusing in on good practice plans. Doing a good job with our scheduling of how we go about our business. How we run our offense, our defense and the kicking game. Those would be the controllables that I’m talking to. The rest of it is less important.” Comments Published on July 21, 2015 at 11:55 am Contact Sam: firstname.lastname@example.org | @SamBlum3 Facebook Twitter Google+
The Newport Gwent Dragons man will move from the Pro 12 side in time for the 2016-17 campaign.Faletau has been at the Dragons since 2009.
FOLLOW US Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00Loaded: 0%Duration 0:00Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio TrackQuality LevelsFullscreenThis is a modal window. This video is restricted from playing on your current domain Error Code: PLAYER_ERR_DOMAIN_RESTRICTED Digital Desk First Published: 14th October, 2019 11:14 IST COMMENT WATCH US LIVE Written By Session ID: 2020-09-09:2b61f1878d5e2e039f2f697e Player Element ID: video_player_5f5742b512aa2 OK Close Modal DialogBeginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreen SUBSCRIBE TO US Last Updated: 14th October, 2019 11:14 IST Kenya’s Lawrence Cherono Bags The 2019 Chicago Marathon Title Lawrence Cherono claimed the 2019 Chicago Marathon crown on October 13 by defeating his Ethiopian competitor Debela Dejene who finished one second behind. LIVE TV In an exciting sprint to the finish line, Lawrence Cherono claimed the 2019 Chicago Marathon crown on October 13. The Kenyan long-distance runner beat his Ethiopian competitor Debela Dejene who finished one second behind.