“Mocha Uson is not covered by the one-year ban but I will propose in the Senate that party-list nominees should be covered,” say Elections commissioner Rowena Guanzon. CNN PH Comelec commissioner Rowena Guanzon appealedto Sen. Imee Marcos, who chairs the Senate committee on electoral reforms, toinclude the party-list bets in appointment ban. MANILA – Nominees of losing party-listgroups should also be covered by the one-year ban on appointment in publicoffice, an official of the Commission on Election (Comelec) said. At PCOO, Uson drew flak for allegedly spreading disinformation online, posting a racy video on federalism and a video of her friend, blogger Drew Olivar, flailing his arms around pretending to do the sign language, on her Facebook page. “I am appearing in the Committee of Sen. Imee; I propose (that the) ban should also cover Party-List nominees” Guanzon said in a tweet. “And party-list to put up bond. If nominee is DQ (disqualified), forfeit their bond.” Meanwhile, Comelec spokesperson James Jimenez has earlier said that President Rodrigo Duterte’s appointment of Uson was not a violation since party-list representatives are not covered by the one-year appointment ban. Guanzon also retweeted another social media post quoting her as saying: “They should not be a favored class because they are not a protected class.” “She is not covered. Party-list nominees are not candidates per se and so, the rule does not apply to them,” Jimenez said. Guanzon made the call after former communications assistant secretary Margaux “Mocha Uson’s return to government as deputy administrator of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA). Prior to her OWWA job, Uson joined the government as member of the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board before being named as assistant secretary at the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO). She has tendered her resignation on October last year as she had tried to secure a seat in the House of Representatives through party-list AA-Kasosyo. The group, however, lost in the May midterm elections./PN
AS Roma strengthened their top four credentials with an impressive 2-0 win at the San Siro against 10-man AC Milan.After a goalless affair in the first half, the away side struck twice in the space of five second half minutes through Edin Dzeko and Radja Nainggolan before Turkish playmaker Hakan Calhanoglu was given his marching orders with two yellow cards.Defending champions Juventus were not at their very best defensively after they lost a two-goal lead at Atalanta with the UEFA Europa League (UCL) campaigners bouncing back to earn a creditable 2-2 draw. Federico Bernardeschi and Gonzalo Higuain got the goals for Juventus and they could have won it in the end but the always reliable Paolo Dybala missed from the spot.Still in Italy, Nigerian player Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo was on target for Crotone in their 1-1 draw at SPAL.Matchday 7 Results:Atalanta 2-2 JuventusAC Milan 0-2 AS RomaUdinese 4-0 SampdoriaSPAL 1-1 CrotoneNapoli 3-0 CagliariLazio 6-1 SassuoloTop Five:Napoli 21 pointsJuventus 19 pointsInter Milan 19 pointsLazio 15 pointsAS Roma 15 points RelatedSerie A Review: Napoli Regain Summit With Slim Win Over SPAL After Brief Juventus AscentFebruary 19, 2018In “Europe”Italian Serie A: Juve Strengthen Title Bid With Bologna Win As Milan Continue Indifferent FormDecember 18, 2017In “Europe”Italian Serie A Review: Napoli, Juventus Strengthen Title Bid With Wins As Inter Falter AgainDecember 24, 2017In “England”
0Shares0000Gor Mahia’s Kevin ‘Ade’ Omondi dribbles the ball past Nzoia Sugar’s Stephen Wakhanya during a Kenyan Premier League match in Machakos on March 11, 2018. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaMACHAKOS, Kenya, Mar 11- Captain of the day Kevin ‘Ade’ Omondi struck the only goal of the match as a second string Gor Mahia side created a five-point gap on top of the Kenyan Premier League standings with a 1-0 win over Nzoia Sugar in Machakos on Sunday.Gor would have wound up the game at 2-0, but Wesley Onguso’s re-taken second half penalty was saved by keeper Benson Mangala with 10 minutes left on the clock. The reigning champions ensured they remain unbeaten this season after six matches, moving to 16 points after five wins and a draw.Gor Mahia boss Dylan Kerr once again stood by his word to rotate his squad, basing they played a tough CAF Champions League tie against Esperance on Wednesday and the return leg beckoning next weekend.From the team that played against the Tunisian giants, Only Joachim Oluoch retained his place in the starting team, but he was pulled in centrally to partner Charles Momanyi in defense. Omondi was handed the skipper’s armband and the play-making role just behind main striker Ephraim Guikan.Midfielder Bernard Ondieki was fielded in an unfamiliar right back role with Lawrence Juma parading in midfield against his former employers, partnering Cersidy Okeyo.Nzoia came into the match knowing they stood a chance against Gor’s hugely rotated squad but their biggest undoing was that they were to quick in going forward and their decision making wasn’t the best.Gor had the first chance of the game after eight minutes and it sure was a decent one, Guikan finding some shooting space on the left but his ferocious shot came off the crossbar and was scrambled off for a corner by Nzoia.Shabaan Odhoji starting in goal for K’Ogalo ahead of the rested Boniface Oluoch proved why he is a contender for the number one gloves at the club with a great point blank save to deny Elvis Rupia at point blank after the forward had raced to meet a George Mutimba cross from the right.Nzoia were grown in confidence especially after winning many balls off Gor in the middle of the pack.Gor Mahia’s Wesley Onguso takes on Nzoia’s David Odhiambo. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaDavid Odhiambo had two back to back decent chances for Nzoia, first in the 35th minute cutting into his favorite left foot from the right side, slicing in a decent rocket from almost 30 yards out but it went over.Two minutes later, he forced an uncomfortable save off Odhoji with a shot from distance in the 35th minute after he noticed the keeper metres off his line.For their missed chances, the Bungoma-based club paid the ultimate price.Skipper of the day Omondi broke the deadlock four minutes to the break with a brilliant first time curling effort after Boniface Omondi had created some space on the right before laying the ball for his skipper to slam home.In the second half, the attacking flow of each side didn’t stop. Nzoia had an opportunity with a shot from distance but it went wide five minutes after the restart.Nzoia almost had the ball in their own net in the 56th minute when Festus Okiring slapped the ball into his own crossbar in an attempt to clear away a cross from former teammate Boniface Omondi.Twenty minutes later, Gor should have been two up when Guikan picked up a long ball from Oluoch, rounded keeper Benson Mangala but Vincent Ngesa made a superb sliding block a few inches off the line.But as the game picked up, Nzoia grew in confidence and with Morven Otinya being introduced in attack, they played with two target men to increase their chances.Otinya came close to making it 1-1 when he broke into the box but his ferocious shot came off the crossbar with Odhoji well beaten.Otinya turned immediately to a villain, giving the ball away cheaply to substitute Eliud Loukwam.The 19-year old used his pace to break into the box and as he attempted to skip over Ngesa in defense, he was hacked down and referee Peter Waweru pointed straight to the spot, a decision the Nzoia players protested.Wesley Onguso stepped up to take the resultant spot kick and though he scored on the first attempt, he was forced t retake after the ref whistled with a Gor player stepping into the box. On the second bite of the cherry however, Mangala saved.With light showers hitting the ground, Nzoia attempted to use the slippery pitch to their advantage lobbying the balls forward, but Gor kept their shape in defense.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
The DRSWG Christmas Road Safety Campaign is encouraging all road users to ensure they have a safe way of travelling home from a night out over the Christmas & New Year holiday season. The campaign focuses on preventing drink driving over the festive period, asking “Who will be taking you home tonight?”The image features local taxi driver Paul O’Keeney, Sgt. Mark Traynor, Letterkenny Roads Policing Unit, Paddy Doherty HSE Ambulance Service and Ernie Gibson, Funeral Director demonstrating that anyone who does decide to drink or drug drive could be arrested, be seriously injured or even be killed. Inspector Michael Harrison from An Garda Síochána said, “We are appealing to drivers this festive period, not to drink or take drugs when driving. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs will impair your driving and put the lives of yourself and other road users at risk. We will have roads policing operations running throughout the Christmas period, we are appealing to drivers who are out socialising, not to take the risk of driving under the influence of either alcohol or drugs. There has been a significant increase in the number of drivers that have been arrested for driving under the influence this year. Please do not put your own life in danger or the life of others by driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs”.Gareth Gibson, Donegal Youth Service, Inspector Michael Harrison, Brian O’Donnell, Sgt. Mark Traynor, Letterkenny Roads Policing Unit at launch at Listillion, Letterkenny.Brian O’Donnell, Road Safety Officer added “Alcohol affects everybody’s driving for the worse. It creates a feeling of overconfidence, makes judging distance and speed more difficult and slows your reactions. All too often at this festive time ambulance crews are faced with the chaos caused by driving under the influence of drink or drugs. Either the driver is injured or they injure others, sometimes seriously, which is unacceptable. There are alternative ways of getting home, there are taxis and having a designated driver is always a good alternative. Please have a great festive season but don’t drive under the influence – we don’t want you to end up as a casualty or even killed. We are keen to promote this message over the next few weeks with support from local organisations including local businesses, restaurants, bars and nightclubs.”Cross Border launch 2019 – Inspector Michael Harrison, Brian O’Donnell, Road Safety Officer, Inspector John Millar, PSNI, Harry Rutherford, Vice Chair, Road Safety NI and members of PSNI & Garda Siochanaat Cross Border Drink Driving campaign launch in Bridgend.Gardai launched their Christmas Drink Driving campaign on the N13 at Listillion, Letterkenny on Monday 2nd December and also along with the PSNI, launched their annual cross border Christmas Drink Driving campaign on the N13 at Bridgend, which is supported by the Donegal Road Safety Working Group as part of their ongoing road safety awareness programme, which also reinforces the continued co-operation between both forces with regard to road safety on both sides of the border.Everyone involved in promoting road safety, would like to take this opportunity to wish all road users a Happy and Safe Christmas and New Year. Hard-hitting poster drives Christmas road safety message home was last modified: December 2nd, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest At a public listening session hosted by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) today called for additional flexibility on Hours of Service rules for livestock haulers. NCBA President Kevin Kester and Executive Director of Government Affairs Allison Rivera delivered the group’s message at the U.S. Department of Transportation’s headquarters in Washington.The comments emphasized the need for a regulatory framework that encourages drivers to rest when they are tired. Under the status quo, drivers are incentivized to “push through” fatigue due to overly-restrictive Hours of Service rules.“The current Hours of Service framework is incompatible with the realities of livestock hauling,” Kester said. “Drivers of our livestock need to be alert and safe, while also cognizant of the welfare of the animals they are hauling. We want them to rest as needed, instead of racing against the clock.”Current rules require a livestock hauler to rest for 10 consecutive hours once they reach their maximum on-duty drive time of 11 hours. When a driver “runs out of time” while hauling live animals, they are given the grim prospects of unloading the livestock or leaving them on the trailer for a 10-hour stretch. Both options present serious logistical and animal welfare challenges.NCBA comments encouraged FMCSA to provide livestock haulers with the flexibility of a split sleeper berth program that would allow for shorter rest periods of two or three hours during a trip, until the 10 hours of total rest has been reached. While stopping for a 10-hour period with a load of livestock is rarely feasible, allowing multiple rest periods of two or three hours would enable livestock haulers to get the rest they need while maintaining the health and well-being of animals in their care.“In the livestock hauling world, common sense flexibility is everything,” said Rivera. “This need for flexibility comes from the fact that livestock haulers not only have to be concerned with the safety of themselves and other drivers on the road, but also the welfare of the live animals they are transporting.”
By: Caitlyn Brown Pexels[Happy Kids by Maggie Zhao, CC0]Humanity has a fascination with longevity and health. There are hundreds of stories of individuals searching for eternal life and a way to conquer death. In reality, humanity is constantly under attack by ailments, diseases, and other threats to our well-being. While we have made significant progress over the years in our research and understanding of health (we know to avoid certain substances, limit particular foods and steer clear of dangerous things), there has been a large gap of acknowledgment and understanding regarding the potential impact studied by the ACEs.Dr. Nadine Burke Harris describes her entry into the medical profession. Like many other physicians fresh out of their residency, Dr. Harris wanted to do the most she could for the most amount of people. Her practice in San Francisco saw 10,000+ children and despite the top quality care, Dr. Harris and her team continued to encounter a problem between the presentation of symptoms rooted in behavior, like ADHD, and actual diagnosis. It was not until Dr. Harris was given the study by Kaiser Permanente and the CDC, The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study, that she was able to see a solution to her practices problems.The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Study tested over 17,500 adults to see if previous exposure to something traumatic in childhood was correlated with health and well-being as adults. The results of this study were not only statistically significant, but had a significant impact on how doctors and medical professionals understand exposure, health, and development. This study found that exposure to adversity has a lasting impact on the brain, changing the structures of areas that control impulses, behaviors, executive functioning and many others. These structural changes, caused by the constant exposure to adversity, have long-term effects on the health of an individual. Some of the potential correlated health problems that that could originate from an individual’s adverse experiences are: hepatitis, heart-disease, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, lung cancer and many others.If you would like to hear directly from Dr. Harris about this topic and her experience, you can view her TED Talk here:Unfortunately, while this study is widely accepted, it is not necessarily widely known. Dr. Harris, like many others, believes that in order to have the best clinical practice you must be aware of the most effective clinical treatment protocols. The impact that adverse childhood experiences have is too great to be overlooked. If you would like to know more about the ACEs study, Dr. Harris or what your ACEs score is, check out our other resources and our upcoming webinar on August 17th at 11am Eastern.This post was written by Caitlyn Brown of the MFLN Family Development Team. The Family Development team aims to support the development of professionals working with military families. Find out more about the Military Families Learning Network Family Development team on our website, Facebook, and Twitter.
“Even the district officials were involved in making the wrong decisions. The family of the martyrs lost everything but no accountability is fixed,” Mr. Gajbhiye said. He informed the House of his meeting with the families of those killed and said some of them are in dire straits.Mr. Gajbhiye said the families have yet to get any help from the government. Even the promised ₹25 lakh as insurance cover has not reached them. The Hindu had reported on May 15 that the insurance policy for the conflict zone had lapsed earlier this year owing to red tapism and delays by the Director General of Police’s office in Mumbai. “The State must now give each family member a government job. The government must take immediate steps for this,” he said.Mr. Kesarkar said the government would announce jobs for family members in less than seven days. This will be done with all documentation in place, he said. “We will ensure that ₹25 lakh is also paid on time,” he assured the House.In one of the worst retaliatory attacks on the anti-naxal security forces, Maoist insurgents had blown up an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) killing men of the QRT. The unit was proceeding from the police station in Kurkheda taluka, nearly 60 km north of Gadchiroli, when the blast was triggered after Naxals had torched 36 vehicles on May 1. Gadchiroli Naxal attack: Troop pullout may have left a hole in red zone security grid Nearly one-and-a-half months after a Naxal attack in which 15 personnel of the Gadchiroli police were killed, the government on Friday announced the suspension of a senior police officer for not following the Standard Operating Procedure (SoP).Minister of State (Home) Deepak Kesarkar said in the Maharashtra Council that Deputy Superintendent of Police, Shailesh Kale, was being suspended for sending the Quick Response Team (QRT) on patrol without following the SOP in place for conflict zones. A preliminary probe of the Home Department had found lapses in adherence to the SOP.The Minister was responding to a calling attention motion raised by Prakash Gajbhiye (Congress) and Leader of Opposition Dhananjay Munde, who pointed out that the death of 15 policemen was a direct result of negligence by senior police officials, who had instructed the unit to, at one point, proceed in open jeeps.Also Read