Rabat – As the case of Akhbar Alyoum president Taoufik Bouachrine progresses, former journalist Kholoud Al-Jabri, one of alleged the victims of his alleged sexual misconduct, made a video appearance and said that Bouachrine “did not rape me, but attempted to.”“I am ready to go with anyone who suspects that I have been raped to any doctor of their choice to prove that I am still a virgin,” said Al Jabri on Monday to Alyaoum24, which is affiliated with Akhbar Alyoum.She explained in a video interview, conducted by Chouf TV, that Bouachrine would make her stay alone with him at the office. “We would finish work at 5 pm. But he would ask me to stay until 6 under the pretext that I still have more work to do.” Once in his office, Bouachrine would allegedly try to kiss and grab her. “But I always reject,” she indicates during the video interview, adding that sometimes “he would use violence and force against me.”When she refused him, he began criticizing her work. “I had a program dubbed ‘The Other Face’ and he shut it down, to press me to give him what he wanted.”“He knew that I desperately needed the job to support my family and used that against me as a ‘smart tactic’,” the former journalist said.After informing her parents of the circumstances of Bouachrine’s conduct, they encouraged her to file a complaint, she said in the video.Several women in Bouachrine’s circle of friends and colleagues were summoned by the Public Prosecutor as part of the ongoing investigation over charges that have been filed against him. His lawyer, Mohammed Ziane, said that the number of women contacted so far is about 30.According to a communiqué published Monday by the Prosecutor General Office, Bouachrine appears in 50 different videos, showing him with female victims of his sexual misconduct.The same communiqué indicated that “Bouachrine is being prosecuted for human trafficking, rape and sexual assault.”He was arrested on Friday by officers of the Judicial Police at Akhbar Alyoum headquarters in Casablanca.
Superintendent of Police N.M. Mylvahanan, who was supervising the investigation, has ordered a detailed probe stating that “it has serious dimensions.” The seized fake Indian currencies were of very high quality and the source of the counterfeit notes had to be ascertained, he had said. The police have detained Robert, a fisherman in Mandapam, for interrogation. He had lent his ‘vallam’ (country boat) for drug trafficking, police said.Interrogation of the accused revealed that five more people — two in Thangachimadam, one in Pamban and two in Madurai — were involved in the racket and special teams had fanned out to nab them, Ms. Maheswari said. The police identified the other accused as Veeramurugan (23), Vicky alias Venkatesh (23) from Madurai, and Rajan (42) and Siva (31) from a refugee camp at Batlagundu in Dindigul district. Siva had been staying in the camp since 1999, while Rajan arrived in Tamil Nadu in 2007, the police said. Muneez alias Murugesan, the prime accused who had smuggled ganja and received Rs. 9.5 lakh in fake Indian currency notes in the denomination of Rs. 1,000 from one Amaran, a drug peddler in Sri Lanka, was among the five arrested on Tuesday and remanded in judicial custody, the DSP said. Indian police have arrested five people including two Sri Lankans over a fake currency and drug trafficking racket, The Hindu newspaper reported.After stepping up the investigation,a special team, led by K. Maheswari, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Kilakarai), arrested five people, including two Sri Lankan Tamils, who were either involved in drug trafficking or circulating fake Indian currencies with a total face value of Indian Rs. 9.5 lakh.